Friday, October 25, 2013

I Will Be Designing an RPG in November

This year I will be participating in National Game Design Month and thus will attempt to design a complete roleplaying game in 30 days this November. I was planning on writing a novel during the month, but since the novel challenge is dependent upon achieving a specific word count, a week-long business trip has made that goal unlikely.

I'm pretty unprepared for this task, but that's part of the fun. The game will be built on a rough idea I've been kicking around my head for about a year, so I'm not starting from scratch. The next week will probably have me preparing in any way I can, reading as many RPG rulebooks and essays on game design as possible.

I'll blog the process so you can see just how terrible an idea this is.


No comments:

Post a Comment